Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

Let it Snow(man)

The paper used today is Crate paper "snow day".  I fussy cut the snowmen images - couldn't help myself!!


Card 1: Non- traditional colours I know but it's fun to work outside the square sometimes. The background paper was originally just white dots and I added the snowflakes.  The green strip is c/s and I have dotted it with Kindyglitz.  There are also glitter dots around the edge of the sentiment piece. The snowmen down the side of the card have been popped up.  For the sentiment I stamped the image twice - once on green and once on white. I then punched and assembled -  the white bit I had to cut freehand.


Supplies:
Card -
Paper - whisper white, rich razzleberry and kiwi kiss (ret) c/s from SU, Crate paper "snow day" DSP
Stamp - small snowflake from "snow swirled" by SU, retired SU sentiment
Ink - rich razzleberry from SU
Tools - circle punch from CM - two sizes
Other - Kindyglitz "crystalina", rich razzleberry spotted ribbon from SU
Adhesive - snail, sticky strip, dimensionals


Card 2:  I drew around some cups to get the large circles on this card. The green one I then dry embossed with a Cuttlebug. The snowmen are crystal effected (is that a real word?) and popped up.  The trees and snowflake have Kindyglitz highlights.


Supplies:
Card -
Paper - Soft suede and kiwi kiss (ret) c/s from SU, red c/s from stash, Crate paper "snow day" DSP
Tools - Cuttlebug and "snow dots" embossing folder.
Other - Kindyglitz "crystalina", Crystal effects, stripe ribbon from SU
Adhesive - snail, sticky strip, dimensionals

Last but not least!

Card 3: I used rub-ons as the background in this one. The snowmen have Kindyglitz highlights and the centre group are popped up.


Supplies:
Card -
Paper - bashful blue from SU, Crate paper "snow day" DSP
Other - rub-ons from Kmart, Kindyglitz "crystalina"
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals, tiny foam dots

I love snowmen. We don't get to play in the snow in Sydney - doesn't snow at all. But to us who don't have to put up with the cold slushy wetness and inconvenience of the everyday reality, snow is a wonderful magical thing!

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment