Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Buttons again!


Had fun playing with buttons yesterday.  I do like a good button!  I just have to restrain myself from buying them just for the sake of owning them.  I think I must have been a bower bird in a former life!  Any ways - today's post features Kaisercraft papers and buttons from my stash.

This card uses "Hey Birdie" and basic punching.  The edges of the paper panels have been sponged with brown ink.  The spots on the dotty paper are sort of glossy metallic so I chose a metallic coloured card base to tie it all together.  The buttons are threaded with card stock. 



Supplies:
Card -
Paper - Kaisercraft "Hey birdie" DSP, metallic copper and old olive c/s from SU
Ink - chocolate chip from SU
Tools - 2 sizes of square punch from CM
Other - buttons from stash, American crafts ribbon, Kaisercraft copper rhinestones.
Adhesive - double sided tape, snail, sticky strip, glue dots

I have tried a few different techniques on this card - Paper piercing, fussy cutting, crystal effects and of course buttons!  The picture panel is layered on purple card stock.  I then pierced a pattern following the swirly line on the panel. The buttons are threaded with c/s.  The small bird was fussy cut from an offcut and crystal effects applied. It was popped up on the button with a dimensional.


Supplies:
Card -
Paper - Whisper white and elegant eggplant c/s from SU, Kaisercraft "La Di Da" DSP
Tools - paper piercer and mat
Other - Buttons from stash, crystal effects, Kaisercraft mauve rhinestones
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals, glue dots

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment