Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 13, 2011

Flowers and bling

Well this is as far as I got with the stamping yesterday! One card!  My daughter put an urgent request in for some flowers fro her bedroom and then I started on our winter wreath - which does involve stamping.  Will show it when I am finished.


This card is all shiny and sparkly. It uses "after five" yet again and some bling that I found amongst my buttons.  A one off unfortunately!  



Supplies:
Card -
Paper - metallic silver c/s from SU, Kaisercraft "after five" DSP and die-cut
Stamp - "warm words" from SU
Ink - Memento black
Other - Heart jewel from stash, Kaisercraft silver rhinestones
Adhesive - sticky strip (find this the best when adhering to metallic surfaces), dimensionals

Now to the flowers. We were given this funky cat vase which Claudia immediately claimed.  She then announced that it needed some flowers. Cue - mum. Her room is decorated in blues and purples so I chose papers to co-ordinate.  They come from various sources - mostly unknown.  I used rhinestone brads in the centres. On the back of each flower is a large zot with a satay skewer pushed into it.  This is then covered with a 1/2 inch circle of paper. I snipped each scallop to make individual petals.



Supplies:
Paper - various
Tools - scallop circle punch and 1/2 inch circle punch from SU, small single hole punch
Other - "circle ice" rhinestone brads from SU, satay skewers
Adhesive - large zots

She is very happy so I am very happy - win, win, all round! Off to finish my wreath now.

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment