Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Boy cards - as promised


Sorry I have been away - bit under the weather. But here finally are my interpretations of boy cards using the "hattie" papers.


Card 1: Suitable for a child or someone who needs motivating - the sentiment is "reach for the stars". I stamped the image onto the DSPs and fussy cut them. I popped up the centre image and covered the stars and sentiment with crystal effects.  The edges of the DSP panels have been sponged and the striped panel is popped up on the card base.



Supplies:
Card -
Paper - marina mist c/s from SU, "hattie" DSP from My Minds Eye
Stamp - "animal crackers" from SU
Ink - Chocolate chip and not quite navy from SU
Tools - sponge dauber
Other - crystal effects, vintage trinkets brads from SU
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals


Card 2: This was an attempt to use up some scraps.  I tried to make it random and funky but my "ocd" tendencies kept wanting to "tidy " it up. Hence the uneasy tension I feel. The twine through the yellow button has had the ends knotted. The edges of all paper have been sponged.


Supplies:
Card -
Paper - marina mist c/s from SU, "hattie" DSP from My Minds Eye
Ink - not quite navy from SU
Tools - sponge dauber
Other - linen thread from SU, buttons from stash
Adhesive - snail, glue dots

Back to try and finish my wreath today.

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment