Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter basket

This little basket was inspired by one I saw on a blog called Explore. Dream. Discover.  It's by Barb Schram and she has lots of lovely ideas.  She used Spellbinder Nestability dies to cut hers out and they were considerably smaller than mine!! I don't have those dies so I adapted the idea to what I do have - neccessity is the mother of invention they say!  The bags are made using two heart shapes, a circle, and another circle with the centre cut out of it for the handle.  Simple!  I used Creative Memories cutting templates - small heart and small circle. I found that the centre of the circle cutout was perfect for the base of the bag.  You essentially cut it all out then score the hearts about three centimetres from the bottom point.  You then adhere the hearts to the base. The handle is then attached.  For the decorations - eggs - I used the centre of the heart template on the smallest setting. Though you can't see it very well I decorated the plain eggs with kindyglitz and highlighted the pattern on the centre egg with it as well. The flowers were made with the Boho Blossoms punch from SU.  The little tag reads "friends" as I made these for my daughter to give easter treats to her friends.  It is secured by a piece of ribbon through two punched holes.As it doesn't have sides you need to secure the treat with a little double sided tape.When I have time I will try and work out a way to have sides. 



Supplies:
Basket - 
Paper - SU kiwi kiss (green) and whisper white, pink c/s in two shades from stash, DSP from stash
Stamp - vine flourish and friends sentiment from "tiny tags" by SU
Ink - SU kiwi kiss and pink tombow marker
Tools - SU 'Boho Blossoms" punch, SU "jewellery tag" punch, large single hole punch, small single hole punch, CM circle and heart cutting templates and blades
Other - Kindyglitz, SU pretty in pink ribbon, SU linen thread, Kaisercraft pearls
Adhesive - double sided tape, dimensionals , foam squares, snail.

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment