Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 11, 2015

To Mat, or not to Mat, that is the question!

A mat can make a big difference to the overall depth of the card and can provide a 'bridge' between the card base and the patterned paper or image. But... there is such a thing as too many layers. I have been guilty of a few 'frankenstein' cards in my time that just kept growing..and growing as I tried to 'fix' them. Anyways - here are two practically identical cards except one has a mat and the other doesn't.


Without -


With -


I like them both. As I have said before, the width of your mat can also influence the overall effect so experiment away! The die is MFT Dienamics Jumbo Snowflake. The paper and cardstock are SU.


On a Personal Note -

The rains have come to us. The weather is cooler but the humidity is way up - can't win them all!
Schnitzel doesn't like the rain (or the Beach or Bath time). He is a bit of a waterphobe. Panther makes short outside forays when the rain stops for a bit but as soon as it starts again he is back inside as quick as an arrow. His favourite spot at the moment is my son's bedroom window sill - he can still survey his domain but stay dry!

I am currently doing my annual inventory of my craft supplies - stops me from doubling up but is also inspiring as I go through my stash and find old favourites, and am reminded anew of newer purchases from the previous 12 months. It is also an opportunity to take a good hard look at things and cull those that I don't use or those scraps that I realistically will not use. My daughter's workplace will benefit!!

The 52 week challenge continues in the kitchen - linen tomorrow then the cupboards and pantry over the rest of the week. I am finding it quite liberating to 'let go' of things that I have been holding onto because it didn't occur to me that I didn't have to keep it just because it came into the house.

I will never be a minimalist but simpler is growing on me!

Happy Crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment