Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Bon Bons 2014


Every year I make the Bon Bons for the Christmas table. This year's theme was red and white. I found this fabulous foil wrapping paper in my local newsagent. I edged it with white copy paper cut with a Spellbinders die that looked like eyelet lace. I covered some copy paper with glitter glue and when it was dry I cut the curly floursh (MFT) behind the flowers. Then, also out of copy paper, I cut a selection of MFT rolled flowers that I glued to a scallop oval plaque. Each flower had a pearl in it's centre. Red tiny twine finished it all off.

Each Bon Bon contained a trinket, a snap, a joke and a piece of trivia. The kids take great delight in choosing the corniest, most groan-worthy jokes, imaginable (thank you Google!). The trinkets are usually things like novelty erasers, mini highlighters, mini yo-yos etc. Whatever I have managed to find in the previous year!

The cellophane parcels are individual Christmas cakes in red foil Texas muffin tins. I die cut some Tim Holtz Holly Branch leaves, stamped them with texture stamps, sponged the edges and glued them to a scalloped circle, The berries are three different sizes of red buttons. Green twine finished it all off.







A Card -





This little fellow was fussy cut from MME "Gnome sweet Gnome". He just looked like he was cheering so this Paper Smooches "Christmas Words" fitted him perfectly.


On a Personal Note -

Still very hot. A storm is brewing as I write and there are flood-causing rains being experienced in areas that only a few days ago were burning. Also the centre of Oz is getting lots of rain. That means lots of beautiful flowers in a month or so. The desert really springs to life after rain.

I was lucky enough to witness this 20 odd years ago on a trip to the Red Centre as it is known. Uluru was surrounded by lush growth and there were pools of water at it's base. I walked all the way round it but didn't climb. It is a holy site for the local people and they request that you don't.  If you really want to you can but I chose not to.  It is certainly an amazing structure/monolith. Everything - it and the surrounds - are this amazingly bright orangey red.

Off to have coffee with a very dear friend tomorrow then home to rearranging the Pantry. The truth will come out about multiple tins etc!! Just on initial recon, I know I have enough lime juice to have a really good cocktail session and not run out! Mmmm - that's an idea....


Happy Crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment