Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Card in a box - Mario

I have seen so many versions of these around the internet this past year, and always wanted to give it a go. The perfect occasion arose with my son turning 21. He has been a Mario fan ever since we won a Nintendo 64 system way back when he was seven. (He still has all his old game cartridges and his sister gave him a Nintendo 64 system for his birthday - the original one died years ago!) Retro fun all round!!

There are many templates for this card type on Pinterest, The rest of the images are a mixture of diecuts and freehand cutting and paper piecing.  The stars are 'floating' on strips of acetate. The sentiment is from SU.

Anyway - give it a go. It is quite easy and a lot of fun!




My son tells me this is the Paper Mario incarnation of Mario.

On a personal note:
Even hotter today! Have started to participate in a 52 week Declutter Challenge and four days in I am having to remind myself to pace myself! It requires just as much discipline to do small steps regularly I find. I tend to go at it like a whirlwind and wear myself out and not finish because I try to do too many things at once and end up getting overwhelmed! (and discouraged). I have a couple of goals for this year and they are going to require me to work at a steady pace (weight loss anyone?!) and not like a bull at the gate.

My crafting goal is just to keep creating on a regular basis. Here's hoping!

Happy Crafting!
Cheers
Susie


No comments:

Post a Comment