Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 27, 2012

Girl's birthday/dog's birthday

Due to illness the launch of merry Monday will have to be next week.  Sorry. I do have two cards for you though that I made a couple of weeks ago. The first one was for my mother's dog who turns five this Friday.  She dotes on him so a birthday card is appropriate!  I cut a panel out of the card and lined it with red cardstock to frame the chipboard number.




Supplies:
Paper - whisper white and riding hood red c/s from SU
Stamp - magazine freebie
Ink - basic black stamp pad from SU, various Tombow markers
Other - chipboard number
Adhesive - snail

The second one was for my son's girlfriends birthday. She loves purple (another thing we have in common!) so the colour scheme was a no-brainer.  I hand coloured the stamp to co-ordinate with the papers. The sentiment is popped and the background embossed.  I love the way the paper came out looking weathered/distressed.  I just had to then distress the rest of the card to match.




Supplies:
Paper - whisper white c/s from SU, "cheerful treat" DSP from SU, hot pink paper from CM
Stamp - "happiest birthday wishes" from SU
Ink - various Tombow markers
Tools - distressing kit from SU, Big Shot, "drifting endless" embossing folder from Couture Creations
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals

It's very hot today so I shall be camped in front of the fan and doing some crafting (with papers fluttering around!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment