Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 14, 2012

I'm back......

Hello, hello.  Many apologies for running off into my cave for so long without explanation!  I just felt totally and creatively worn out from illness.  But life is back on track!  I have made some necessary changes and my Mojo has returned.  I have also joined Stampin' Up as a demonstrator.  I realised that I was using a lot of their product ( it's so gorgeous!) and it made sense to join and get it at a discount.  I am what you would call a hobby demonstrator in that I am really just enabling my habit!!  I don't have the necessary chutzpah to make it in the direct selling world but I love creating and sharing.

This card was for the team meeting last month where the challenge was to use DSP.  I am very happy with the result.  This one looks a little wonky because it was the prototype.  I did keep one for myself but it sold before I could photograph it.  Same with another one I made for another challenge.  ( Note to self - get your act together!!).

I sponged the heck out of everything and the sentiment is popped.  In the interior of the card behind the butterflies I stamped a watermark of a floral flourish with versamark.



Supplies:
Paper - lucky limeade and very vanilla c/s from SU, "everyday enchantment" DSP from SU
Stamp - "a word for you" from SU, "fresh vintage" from SU
Ink - poppy parade from SU, crumb cake for sponging from SU, versa mark
Tools - Big Shot, butterfly embosslits from SU, scallop oval punch, framelits dies from SU, sponge dauber
Other - embroidery floss from stash
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals, mini glue dots

The kids are very well.  We are coming up to the end of mid-year break for my daughter and my son finishes his mid-year break at the end of the month.  They have been busy with their friends and Facebook.  The big news is I am now a great aunt! My niece had a little baby girl - Elektra Ann. Being totally unbiased I think she is gorgeous!!  The little family is doing well.

Well, enough from me.  Hope you are all well and those of you in North America get some relief from the heat soon.

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie


No comments:

Post a Comment