Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2011

Christmas cards for the Troops


I attended the annual Christmas cards for the Troops day on Saturday and managed to make 15 cards.  I did three designs (5 of each).  It was heaps of fun and I came away with many ideas and inspiration from the other women (and one man) attending the event.  For photos go to the Paper Lady blog (on side bar).


Supplies:
Paper - old olive, elegant eggplant and gold c/s from SU, "limited edition"  DSP from SU
Stamp - "delightful decorations" from SU
Ink - elegant eggplant from SU
Tools - ornament punch from SU, small scallop scissors
Other - Kindyglitz "crystalina", tinsel ribbon from stash
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals

This one uses some old stamps from many moons ago.  The tree was fussy cut then stuck directly to the card base.  The sentiment was stamped then punched.  I then punched a second label in red, cut it in half and stuck it to the back of the cream label.  This was then popped up over the tree.

Supplies:
Paper - cream marle and red textured c/s from stash
Stamp - (text background) Rubber stamp company "EG6 Merry Christmas", (tree) Stampendous "Christmas tree", (sentiment) "snow swirled" by SU
Ink - (text) crumb cake, (tree) kiwi kiss, (sentiment) cherry cobbler -  all from SU
Tools - decorative label punch from SU
Other - real red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon from SU
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals

This one also uses a very old stamp and some retired SU DSP.  I also tried my hand at colouring using pastels.  The frame is a stamp with words in the middle but I cut them out with a craft knife to create the frame.  The frame is popped but the sentiment label is stuck direct to the DSP.  I sponged around the edges of the frame with ink to soften the contrast.


Supplies:
Paper - cream marle c/s from stash, crumb cake c/s from SU, "jolly holiday" DSP from SU (ret)
Stamp - (frame) PSX "K-1406", (sentiment) "snow swirled" from SU
Ink  - crumb cake and cherry cobbler from SU, Derwent pastels
Tools - decorative label punch from SU, craft knife, sponge dauber
Other - Kindyglitz  "aztec gold"
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals

I am making more multiples this week to finish off my target of 40 cards for the Troops. Shall post them when I am finished!  Hope the week is going well.  We are having glorious weather at the moment - time to dust off the BBQ!  My son is also doing his final school exams - he turned 18 a couple of weeks ago.  I find it hard to believe my tiny baby boy all those years ago is now a man!  It goes soooo fast!!!  My daughter turns 16 in a couple of weeks too.  I still feel that I am playing catch up to where they really are in their lives.  They're still my babies! ( not in a morbid sense - but rather I want to protect them from life's hazards but they have reached an age where I really have to let them get on with it).  I'll always be their mum though - with all the imperfections of being an ordinary human being - not Supermum anymore.

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment