Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birthday cards - 18th

My son turned 18 at the beginning of the month and I am finally getting around to sharing the cards his sister and I made for the occasion.  She downloaded several copies of the same picture from the Net and then cut them in layers to get a 3 D effect.  Without conferring we both chose black as his base card - probably because that's the predominant colour he wears!!




My card is more traditional and plays on his oft repeated quote in the days leading up (weeks actually!) " I will soon be 18".  He is also a musician - hence the music.  The black arrow was cut free hand and covered in crystal effects.


Supplies :
Paper - black c/s from stash, poppy red c/s from SU, "black and white timeless" DSP from Kaisercraft
Ink - black Memento, red Tombow marker
Tools - sponge dauber
Other - chipboard numbers, crystal effects
Adhesive - Tombow adhesive (to cover chipboard), snail, dimensionals, tiny foam dots

Only another two weeks and my daughter turns 16.  Hopefully I can be quicker with a birthday post next time!

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment