Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

swaps for the Regional

It's Sunday night so that's close enough to Monday to post as I promised!!  Spare time is at a premium these days so I grab it where I can.  These are the things that I made to swap with other people at the SU event that Karen was kind enough to invite me to.  It was heaps of fun and I have come away totally inspired to try new things..  I also learnt how to tie the perfect bow using a fork!!!  It really works!  In exchange for my swaps I received some absolutely fabulous cards and off the page items - very inspiring - and lots of fun.  A lot like Christmas!  Some of the cards are so beautiful I am going to frame them and use them in my home.  

The first swap is a brooch.  I stamped the image and covered it with crystal effects to make it glossy and dimensional.  Hint - when gluing on the clasps make sure you don't glue them closed!  Guilty!!


Supplies:
Paper - whisper white c/s from SU, recycled cardboard from DSP packaging
Stamp - "contempo Christmas" and "delightful decorations" from SU
Ink - concord crush, pear pizzazz, poppy parade, rich razzleberry and old olive from SU
Tools - ornament punch
Other - crystal effects, basic rhinestones from SU, brooch clip from stash
Adhesive - snail


The second project was a box containing a memory game. It's a basic 3x3 box and lid.



Supplies:
Paper - whisper white, old olive and real red c/s from SU, recycled cardboard from DSP pack from SU
Stamp - "every little bit", "vintage vogue" and "french foliage" all from SU
Ink - poppy parade, old olive and chocolate chip from SU, various coloured markers
Tools - scallop border punch, 2mm hole punch, distressing tool, 3.2 cm circle punch, sponge
Other - antique brads, 1/8" old olive taffeta ribbon
Adhesive - snail, crystal effects

The last project was a little gift card utilising punches.

Supplies:
Paper - so saffron, pear pizzazz, pink pirouette and blushing bride from SU
Stamp - "clearly for you" from SU
Ink - pear pizzazz
Tools - 2 step bird punch (leaves), itty bitty shapes, scallop border punch
Other - basic pearls, "crystalina" by Kindyglitz
Adhesive - snail, multi purpose glue


Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment