Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

more journals

I made journals for all my family and friends for christmas and finally got around to making some for myself.  They are made from a small notebook available from the supermarket or any stationary supply shop.  I use double sided tape as the adhesive and ribbon scraps to tie on the spiral binding.

The first one is for all the websites that I drool over!


The paper is a discontinued SU DSP. I used the scallop oval puch to punch out the green label and hand cut the white to fit inside a bargain shop find ( the metal Label holder)  I edged it with adhesive pearls from Kaiser ( oops I seem to have lost one!)  I also used the pearls for the bodies of the butterflies which were punched out of paper scraps with the SU butterfly punch.


The next one is for my "wish list" of SU products.  I'll never get everything on my wish list but it's fun to write it all down and dream!!


This uses raspberry tart DSP from SU. I punched out a white label with  the SU scallop punch and layered it on some pink card stock that I then Hand cut to match the scallop label.  I edged it with Kaiser pale pink and mint green rhinestones.  down the edge of the book I attached a border of pink card stock punched withe the Fiskars  lace border punch.  Before attaching I punched out the same border in vellum and attached the two together to provide some strength to the card stock.

The last is my every day list book.  I write lists for everything - it's the only way I can keep track!!


This uses Kaiser La di da  paper from the 6 x6 paper pad. It includes die cuts which I have used for the spine edge and the label.  The label had something else written on it so I covered it with a small piece of white card stock and wrote my own label.  Purple  rhinestones from Kaiser finish the edge,  I put a small die cut tab on the top to which I attached a Prima organza flower, Prima velvet flower and two small vellum leaves from my stash.  I attached them all with a small rhinestone brad in purple from SU.


Happy crafting!
cheers
Susie

PS - bad susie : I mislabelled a set in an earlier post.  'morning cup' should read ' share a cup'.  sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment