Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

karen's birthday card


This is the gift bag and card that I made for my friend Karen's birthday in late February  (excellent photography courtesy of Karen!).  The bag is a white gift bag that I purchased off Karen before Christmas.  You can get similar ones at Spotlight.  Because of the 3-D nature of the card I couldn't put it in an envelope so I attached it to the bag with a circle clip and some thin gold cord.



Detail on the bag showing the great little pom pom flower peg that I found at Bed Bath and Table.  I want to hoard them but I am making myself use them!!

Supplies:
Bag -
white paper bag
Stamp - flourish "Baroque Motifs" , flowers "Vintage Vogue" both by SU.  Wheel stamp "Sparkling" also by SU
Ink - rich razzleberry and old olive by SU
Tools - SU jumbo wheel handle
Other - thin gold cord, ribbon scraps, rich razzleberry spot by SU, thin old olive by SU, pom pom flower peg from Bed Bath and Table, circle clip from bargain shop
Adhesive - sticky strip, glue dot



The card features "cottage garden" DSP and vellum flowers that I stamped then cut out, then shaped by rolling them on a pencil.  I sponged the edges of the DSP panels and the vellum sentiment label with rich razzleberry ink to tie everything together.

Card detail showing flowers.
Supplies:
Card -
Paper - rich razzleberry cardstock, "Cottage Garden" DSP from SU, vellum
Stamp - "Vintage Vogue" from SU, border stamp  - unknown acrylic
Ink - rich razzleberry and old olive from SU
Tools- scallop punch from SU and sponge dauber
Other - ribbon from SU  (ret), lilac rhinestone brads from SU (flower centres), adhesive rhinestones from Kaisercraft
Adhesive - snail, sticky strip and glue dots

A last look at the bag without the card attached!


Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment