Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

its button friday


 I decided to have a go at using up some of "lovingly" collected buttons.  I am such a sucker for colour and shape and sparkle!  Buttons can do all three so are high on my list of "lust" objects.







This is more of a square card than usual but it just felt right.It involved fussy cutting again - something I love doing!  The "thread" in the button is actually a small strip of pink paper.  I hand cut the red border to the scallop punch.

Supplies:

Card-
Paper - whisper white, real red and Raspberry tart DSP.
Ink - Pink pirouette and pink chalk
Ribbon - wide real red grosgrain and smaller pink pirouette  both from SU
Tools - SU oval scallop punch, cuttlebug and divine swirls embossing folder, sponge dauber
Other - strip of pearls from SU and a small red button
Adhesive - snail, sticky strip, dimensionals and a glue dot

Envelope -
white envelope with a fussy cut image from raspberry tart paper.


The following three cards are a lesson in less is more.  I made an engagement card for a friend and it was quite a large card.  I am not used to large cards and nothing I did felt right.  I kept piling on more and more to fill it but it ended up just becoming a "frankenstein" card.  I couldn't bear to throw out the stuff so I pulled it to pieces and made these three cards from the one card!



Supplies:

Card -
Paper - real red card stock, orange card scrap, patterned paper from an old stack.
Ribbon -  wide orange from stash,  pumpkin pie from SU.
Stamp - sentiment from SU set
Buttons - from a job lot I picked up in a two dollar shop  (thread is orange card stock)
Ink - orange tombow marker
Adhesive - snail, sticky strip, glue dots and dimensionals.

Envelope -
white envelope with fussy cut images from patterned paper.




This shape was a challenge for me but I feel happy with the result.

Supplies:

Card - 
Paper - kiwi kiss card stock,  scraps of white, Patterned paper from old stack (floral),  Prima Paisley road paper stack (hearts)
Ink - SU marker kiwi kiss, Pink Tombow marker
Stamp - Tiny Tags set from SU
Tools - Tiny tags punch, medium heart punch and small heart punch from Kmart
Ribbon - Pink satin from spotlight, old olive from SU
Button - bargain lot (thread is pink cardstock)
Adhesives - snail, sticky strip, glue dot and dimensionals.




The final card from frankenstein!!

Supplies:

Card - kiwi kiss card stock, Prima paisley road paper stack
Ink - old olive from SU
Stamp - Happy everything set from SU
Ribbon - spotty green from stash.
Button - from bargain lot (thread is pink card stock)
Tools - Large heart punch from SU,  small heart punch from Kmart.
Adhesive - sticky strip, dimensionals, glue dot

Envelope - 
White envelope with a large heart punch image stuck on with snail.  small heart layered on top also with snail.

I did not have to make any new motifs for these cards so you can imagine how "busy" frankenstein was.  Glad I could rescue the stuff because I abhor waste.  You should see my scrap pile!!  Maybe the next challenge should be a scrap challenge!

happy crafting.

cheers 
Susie

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely to see you blogging Susie. I'm really looking forward to seeing your creations. And I love the way you're using buttons. I went a little overboard at the last craft show and have quite a lot. I'll get using them thanks to this post!

    ReplyDelete