Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I'm back and finally on the road to recovery!!

Sorry I have been neglecting you for so long.  I have health issues and they turned really nasty at the end of July and I ended up spending 3 1/2 weeks of September in hospital. Got out just in time to celebrate my son's 19th birthday and watch the AFL grand final - our team won!!! Very happy household.  Slowly recovering and have started back at the markets and creating. Have a couple of cards to share with you today.

 First up is a card from our team meeting in October where we were challenged to create a card using a sketch and "twitterpated" DSP. Karen kindly supplied everything and I enjoyed the "discipline" of the challenge and crafting with like-minded souls.  Couldn't resist fussy cutting something though! The floral image was stamped three times in different colours and then bits were fussy cut and adhered to create a coloured image.  You could make it easier on yourself and use markers!!


Supplies:
Paper - poppy parade (card base), pear pizzaz, pink pirouette and whisper white, "twitterpated" DSP
Stamp - "teeny tiny sentiments", "fresh vintage" (sale-a-bration)
Ink - pear pizzaz, poppy parade and island indigo
Tools - decorative label punch
Other - blushing bride pleated satin ribbon (ret)
Adhesives - snail, sticky strip, dimensionals


The second card is the August team meeting swap that I made. This one is a bit wonky as I forgot to save a good one for me!  This is the prototype.  I had just got the framelits and the butterfly die so I had to use them!!  The challenge was to use DSP.


Supplies:
Paper - pear pizzaz (card base), very vanilla, "everyday enchantment" DSP (sale-a-bration)
Stamp - "a word for you"
Ink - crumb cake (sponging), poppy parade
Tools - Big shot, "labels collection" framelits, "beautiful wings" embosslits, scallop oval punch, sponge dauber
Other - white crochet fibre
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals

Hope you are all well.  Bring on summer here in the southern hemisphere and I hope the cold season is not too harsh in the top end of the globe.  Craft long and laugh hard!

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment