Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Masculine birthday - unexpected papers

Today's offering is two masculine birthday cards using papers that on the face of it would not be associated with birthdays for the boys in our life.  The papers are "Howlstooth and Scaringbone" and "Twitterpated".
Yes, I know!! Halloween and girly!! But they both work wonderfully.

Card #1 uses the Halloween DSP.


Supplies:
Paper - so saffron, pumpkin pie and very vanilla c/s, "howlstooth and scaringbone" DSP (seasonal catalogue)
Stamp - "bring on the cake"
Ink - basic black
Tools - decorative label punch, retired punch
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals

Card #2 uses the "girly"  DSP
The banner for the sentiment was handcut.


Supplies:
Paper - basic grey and whisper white c/s, "twitterpated" DSP
Stamp - "bring on the cake"
Ink - basic black
Tools - extra large oval punch
Other - grey dot ribbon from stash
Adhesive - snail, sticky strip, dimensionals

Off to have my second coffee of the day made in the wonderful espresso machine given to me by my children for my birthday.  They also gave me a week off kitchen duty - no grocery shopping, no cooking, no cleaning!!  I could seriously get used to that!!  Comment from my daughter at the end of the week - "mum, that is really hard work - all the organising and having to remember to do it so we ate before midnight!" I had a quiet chuckle!!

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment