Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 25, 2012

A new technique

I should clarify that title and say it's a new technique for me!!  It's using an acrylic block to create a background.  Unfortunately this is the only example I have left.  All the others have sold before I got a chance to photograph them.  Bad, disorganised me!!  Essentially you colour directly onto your acrylic block with the markers of your choice (lightest colour first!), spritz lightly with some water then stamp onto your cardstock. You get a different effect each time - depending on the colour - mix, orientation and saturation. You then over-stamp it with a solid image.  The centre of the flower has been stamped with a crumb cake image, punched and popped.  Sorry that the photo does not show this clearly.

I tried a fancy cut out on the side of the card to showcase the bow.


Supplies:
Paper - very vanilla and crumb cake c/s
Stamp - "enjoy every moment" (ret), "bliss" (SAB), "fresh cuts" (ret)
Ink - rich razzleberry and crumb cake markers, rich razzleberry and crumb cake ink pads
Tools - acrylic block, mister (for water)
Other - spotted ribbon from stash
Adhesive - snail, sticky strip, dimensionals

Market tomorrow and then another one on Sunday.  I just hope I have made enough stock or I won't be sleeping Saturday night!!  Yesterday was an absolute scorcher and today it's cool - go figure!  The weekend is supposed to be cool and mild.  Here's hoping.  Hope you have a fabulous one.

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment