Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all of you out there. It's nice to be appreciated isn't it! My two are way past the craft/gift stall at school (way past school in fact) but I still remember their delight at how 'clever' they felt when presenting their gifts in the morning. As I have been solo parenting them for most of their lives my earlier breakfasts in bed usually consisted of cornflakes and a juice but the delight and love shining in their faces was the best part of breakfast!

Now, many years later, the breakfasts are more elaborate but the love and tenderness is still there. I count them as the best thing I have done in my life. They are loving, caring and empathetic, hardworking and have a wicked sense of humour. Great fun to be around. Lucky me.

I think Mothers day is important not for the gifts (although they are nice!) but for the chance to just have a day to breathe and take stock of the amazing little people that we have created. To just bond and snuggle and remember why we all love and need each other. These things can be hard to remember in the almost never ending treadmill of daily life. The dust bunnies can definitely wait!!

Anyway - as promised - here is the card I made for my mum.

The products are SU and the colours are very vanilla, blushing bride, strawberry slush and certainly celery. Stamp sets are 'circle circus' 'kindness matters' and a general greetings set. The patterned paper is  Tea42 and the embossing sets are also from SU. The only non-SU product is Wink of Stella - clear, which I used to make the embossed areas subtly sparkly.


On a Personal Note -

I had a lovely Mothers Day yesterday. A cooked breakfast in bed and a coffee then 3 rounds of Bananagrams before we all met up with my mum and niece and nephew at a local coffee shop/bistro for a yummy lunch. We scored a table under the heater so it was nice and toasty!

When we got home my son and I started watching the football together but I promptly fell asleep. Nanna nap time for me!

They catered dinner as well and were generally solicitous throughout the day. I felt very nurtured and loved.

On Saturday I had a brunch for some girlfriends to celebrate our Mum-ness. Much laughter and reminiscing. Here are a couple of photos of the table courtesy of my daughter. She was an absolute rock helping me get ready.


Mini almond and raspberry friands



Apple rose pastries - thank you Pinterest!



The savouries - mini salmon or ham quiches and spanakopita.


Will definitely do this again as it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed getting in and doing some serious baking and then 'playing ladies' with my vintage china and napery.

I hope your Mothers day was filled with love and laughter.

Happy Crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment