Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 4, 2015

Flowers and more flowers = Mothers Day!

Cliched I know - but I do find it hard to go past flowers and pastels for Mothers day cards. Probably very strongly influenced by my mother and grandmother both loving flowers and soft greens and blues in their homes.

I am a bit more multiple personality with my likes in decor - love flowers but also love geometrics! One day I want all cabbage roses and violets, then another it's french provincial, and the next day I want morrocan! I think I really just need several homes! Ha - as if that would ever be possible. Probably the only decor trends that I have a shudder response to are 70's and 80's. Avocado and salmon are for eating - not decorating in my humble opinion.


Mmm! Looks like I have used a fish eye lens on this card but - nope, just my camera. I have been borrowing my daughters camera but decided to give mine another go. I think the verdict is no, and the time has come to invest in a new one!

Colours used are SU very vanilla and sahara sand. The DSP is SU. The doilies are MFT and the sentiment is from SU 'Teeny tiny sentiments'


More SU - lucky limeade and whisper white. The rest are retired SU except for 'teeny tiny sentiments' and 'itty bitty banners'.


Some more retired SU and a nod to a more contemporary colour scheme (still flowers in there though!). Colours are sahara sand, calypso coral, very vanilla and pool party.


This one is specifically for my purple loving sister. All SU - a mix of current and retired. Colours are wisteria wonder, blushing bride, elegant eggplant and very vanilla.



SU again and a MFT doily. Colours are - very vanilla and baja breeze.



On a Personal Note -

We are sodden, soaked and drenched. My cardstock is starting to feel damp! The dog has developed cabin fever and so have I! I want to be out and about but the hassle of wet shoes and dripping umbrella are just not worth it!!

On Saturday I am having some girlfriends over for a girly morning tea to celebrate being Mums. I really, really want it to be sunny so we can go 'al fresco'. I am doing a sort of high tea with sweet and savoury munchies and I am going to use my vintage china. I might even break out the linen! I will do the majority of the cooking and tidying on Friday.  Saturday morning all I will have to do is get up early and buy some flowers and decorate. Wish me luck!

Hope you spoil your mum, and if you are a mum - hope you get spoiled!

Happy Crafting!
Cheers
Susie



No comments:

Post a Comment