Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Add Some Sparkle and Shine

Hello, Bonjour, Gutentag - the sum total of my languages learnt at school! Since then I have picked up a smattering of Italian and Spanish, flirted with Japanese and still hope to learn Gaelic. I love language and languages.

What I also love is sparkles! My family used to call me a 'sequin junkie' because the things I gravitated to were sparkly. I still adore beading on fabric and glitter on paper. A new product I came across at Christmas was the Wink of Stella range. I have only used the clear version so far - but how wonderful it is! It comes in a pen type applicator with a soft brush tip. Very easy to use.

The following cards have all been anointed with Wink of Stella. You can add sparkle and shine also with glitter, glitter glue, glimmer paper, shimmer paint and sprays and metallic cardstock and foil. And don't forget rhinestones, pearls etc. The sky's the limit!!

This first card uses Stampin' Up (SU) cardstock in very vanilla and so saffron and champagne glimmer. The patterned paper is from Websters Pages. The glimmer snowflakes are a MFT die. The metallic gold cardstock is from my stash. I coloured the raised portions of the SU embossing folder with Wink of Stella - clear. 


Stampin' Up cardstock in very vanilla and baked brown sugar,and gold brushed metallic cardstock. The music paper is from my stash. 'Noel' is a Tim Holtz die. Again - I coloured the raised portion of a Sizzix embossing folder with Wink of Stella - clear.


Stampin' Up cardstock in whisper white, basic grey and poppy parade. SU edgelit for the pinking frame and the patterned paper is from Authentique. On the grey embossing of the Cuttlebug folder the Wink of Stella is more subtle.


Last but not least! Stampin' Up cardstock in sahara sand and lucky limeade. The pattern paper is from my stash. A Memory Box die made the pine needle border. The stamped images are from 'heirloom ornaments' and 'tree trimmings' from SU and stamped in lucky limeade. I coloured the non-inked portions of the images with Wink of Stella - clear.



On a Personal Note -

We are having lovely crisp autumn days so far this week. Sunny but brisk with the temperature taking a nose dive about 3pm. Definite sock weather - and throw rugs in use!

The cat has discovered my daughter's electric blanket and barely moves from her room. She doesn't leave it on during the day but he laps up the residual warmth from overnight and burrows under her covers to milk as much as possible!

Hope you are fairing well in your climate zone.

Happy Crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment