Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 13, 2015

Easter is coming

I know - it's still over a month away but the shops are already full of hot cross buns and chocolate eggs. I am resisting buying any just yet - do love a good hot cross bun!! If I start buying them too early I will eat too many of them.

It's also Valentines Day but I have never had any luck with that particular day (even in courtship and marriage. My ex's attitude to flowers was 'they die anyway so what's the point'. Logical - yes, romantic - no). My daughter is celebrating with her boyfriend and my son is off at a bbq/pool party.

Anyway, I thought I would share with you the little decoration I had at each place setting for our Easter lunch last year.




It uses the Stampin' Up set "Everybunny" and some dyed eggshells I found at a homewares store.
Each shell was filled with paper shred and some miniature candy eggs.

This year I am thinking of making placemats and napkin rings as well as a favour - we will see. Lots of ideas!


On a Personal Note -

The warm weather has returned with a vengeance. Very high temps being experienced everywhere.
Not getting out much because my agoraphobia is playing up - very insistent! Hopefully when I see my doctor next fortnight we can do something about it.  Thank God for online shopping! I get the groceries delivered each week so at least that removes that stressor.

We've also been getting some decent falls of rain so everything is growing well in my shady garden. I tried to grow herbs in my back courtyard but they obviously weren't getting enough sun because they shot up really tall and thin and then fell over!  My Mum gave me some hydrangea cuttings and they seem to be much happier.

I haven't given up on having fresh herbs though. There are vertical garden systems now and as the walls of the courtyard are permanently sunny I am saving up to install one. Veges are out though - the "pots" are too small. Herbs and salad greens are the go.

Happy Crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment