Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vintage Timeless Birthday

Hello, Hello.  I tried something new for me today - creating my own background!  There are so many lovely background stamps out there that I just want, want, want - but can't afford!  So I decided to try my hand at creating my own.  It was fun and I am pleased with the effect.  I went for a tone on tone effect with a darker image as a highlight. I layered the DSP onto some co-ordinating c/s and sponged the edges of the sentiment and popped it up.


Supplies:
Paper - cream marle c/s from stash, soft suede c/s from SU, "vintage timeless" DSP  - non - SU
Stamp - "clearly for you" from SU
Ink - soft suede (background stamping and sponging) and early espresso stamp pads from SU
Tools - modern label punch from SU
Other "latte" pearls from stash
Adhesive - snail, dimensionals

Fingers crossed for no rain on Saturday - I want to make a good amount of money at the market as I promised myself that when I started the markets I would only buy new stock from the profits and I have a wish list a mile long!!  The joys of running a business - or should I say trying to start one up!!  I don't expect to become the next Bill Gates but a little hobby business that keeps me out of mischief will suit me just fine.  I should have done this years ago but in my younger days I bought into the whole "corporate is good" story.  To be honest it was soul destroying! I find that entering wholeheartedly into the creative arts is a wonderful and joyous experience and I have met the most amazing and inspirational people in person and also read about them on the blogs out there.  You women are fantastic and give this woman hope for the future!!  Keep up the good work!

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment