Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

3D Thursday

On 3D Thursdays (once a month) I will post a 3D item that I have made.  This could be wall art, Off the Page or in this case - a box!  I enjoy making boxes and with all the wonderful dies and templates out there you can have a lot of fun. Today I have used box #3 from Sizzix.  It makes a lovely 12cm by 9cm box with a hinged lid.  I made it in green and yellow because this weekend it's Australia Day and these are our national colours. I am going to give it to my kids filled with some green and yellow biscuits (cookies).


This first photo is a close up of the paper bow. Watched a great tutorial on how to do this on the Stampin' Up You Tube channel. It uses the large oval punch (the simple version) and I added the scalloped oval punch and a "box" shape middle piece and a button with twine. The ribbon ends are just pieces of cardstock notched. It's all held together with glue dots.

This photo shows the whole box.


Supplies:
Paper - so saffron and pear pizzaz (ret) c/s, cheked paper from stash
Tools - large oval punch, scallop oval punch, Big Shot, Sizzix box #3 die
Other - yellow button and green twine from stash
Adhesive - sticky strip (to assemble the box), snail, glue dots

Another thing! Sale-a-bration has started and just by purchasing things (you know you really need them!) you can earn free and exclusive stamp sets, accessories and tools. It's a great deal. Check out the link on the sidebar and you can "shop the catalogues" via their links too. Just let my know via my email what you need and I will be happy to arrange delivery!!

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment