Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 4, 2012

Scrapturday #17 - 2012

Tried a new technique with today's card - embossing vellum.  Love the way it turned out.  It's a wedding card and I think embossed vellum gives a lovely soft effect suitable for a wedding.  As it was my last scrap of vellum I now have to buy some more to do some more experimenting!!  I stuck a scrap of pale blue DSP behind the vellum to give a hint of colour. The "lace" border down the bottom of the card uses different shades of white c/s.  The sentiment was stamped, punched, sponged and popped.



Supplies:
Paper - whisper white c/s from SU, scraps of white c/s, scrap of blue DSP (?), scrap of vellum
Stamp - "teeny tiny sentiments" from SU
Ink - bordering blue (R) from SU
Tools - scallop oval punch from SU, sponge dauber, Big Shot,  embossing folder, eyelet lace border punch from SU
Other - white organza ribbon from SU
Adhesive - snail, sticky strip,  vellum adhesive strips,dimensionals

Another technique I have seen with vellum is colouring the vellum either by putting colour onto the embossing folder or by sponging the result.  As soon as I get some more vellum I am going to try both!!  Hope you have a good week.  We are supposed to have a rainy week so I guess more crafting time for me!!

Happy crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment