Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My First Christmas Ornament of the Year

This was an idea I saw on that marvelous resource called Pinterest. The pin that inspired my version was from 'paperedcottage.blogspot.com', but there are many variations out there. Just remember to set yourself strict time limits when entering the 'rabbit hole' of Pinterest. Trust me - you can lose hours if you are not careful!

Anyways - here is my interpretation of the ornament. It uses graduating lengths of double-sided scrapbooking paper/DSP. The best glue to use is tacky craft glue and a clothes peg to keep each layer in place until it 'grips'. Doesn't take long.


I fussy cut and popped my stamped image and pierced the edge of the vanilla circle. I have now made several of these at this size and am now going to have a go at making some 'giant' ones.

On a Personal Note -

The eating plan is progressing well. I am less hungry this week than I was last week and am enjoying working out ways to make my 2 cups of veges per meal taste yummy. I am also on a protein shake for each meal too. As I said before - this is under medical supervision.

It was my birthday this week and usually my children go all out with a yummy breakfast in bed and lovely dinner and scrummy cake. Could not do that this year so we celebrated a fortnight early! My daughter made strawberry french toast rollups for breakfast and chicken yakatori for dinner with asian salad and her amazing toasted sesame dressing. My cake was an extravaganza - see below!


Couldn't have cake pictures without the obligatory one of Schnitzel looking hopeful!


It was a marbled butter cake with cream cheese frosting, wafer biscuit surround and mini m&m's. Very yummy!


Hope you have been, or will be, spoiled on your birthday.

Happy Crafting!
Cheers

Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment