Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Table

I finally uploaded the pictures of my Easter table decor to my laptop!

I went simple this year - ie simple in quantity.

There were 4 of us for lunch and I made a spare set for my grand-niece who is almost 3. Each set comprised a place mat and a basket of assorted eggs and a little packet of bunny tails (mini marshmallows). Some items I used are retired but substitutions are easily found.
(Please excuse the wrinkly tablecloth!)


The baskets were made with the Sizzix berry basket die in SU crumb cake and pretty in pink. The scallop trim for the basket comes in the die but I hole punched it as well. Before assembly I stamped the basket pieces with SU woodgrain stamp in SU soft suede ink.


Each side of the basket was decorated before assembly as well. Each side was different. I used the SU 'everybunny' stamp set which I coloured with a mixture of SU and Tombow markers. All the pieces were then fussy cut. The grass was made with MFT grassy edges die in SU certainly celery.

The bunny tails topper used SU 'everybunny' and 'bitty banners' stamps and I hand lettered the label. SU scallop circle punches in whisper white and certainly celery were finished with hand drawn certainly celery circles.

The place mat was made from an A4 sheet of SU bashful blue trimmed with a scallop edge in certainly celery. I covered the join on the reverse with another A4 sheet of bashful blue.

All the bunnies are in SU crumb cake. The bigger bunnies are an Impression Obsession die and the little bunnies are 'baby bunnies' by Memory box. The hearts are in SU pretty in pink with the larger heart an SU punch and the tiny ones an old punch of unknown provenance!



Last but not least - the super yummy carrot cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting my daughter made for dessert.


On a Personal Note -

My son received his degree in media at a ceremony on Tuesday - the whole cap and gown and University Chancellor deal! Very, very proud of him. He is also gaining lots of internship writing experience which will serve him well in pursuing his chosen career of sports journalism. He does this on top of working full time and coaching the metropolitan region of junior AFL umpires.

My daughter continues to blossom in her work as a nanny and has finally returned to her creative pursuits of writing and drawing. She had terrible writers block and a real crisis of confidence in her abilities but things are looking up. Couldn't be a happier mum!

Our pet scrapbook venture is continuing and has resulted in much reminiscing and laughter. I have been scouring the internet for suitable embellishments etc and found some super cute washi tape and ribbons at Craft Queen. I will share some pages as we finish them.

Hope all is well in your domain.

Happy Crafting!
Cheers
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment