Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 10, 2015

365 Christmas update

On my Facebook page I post daily to an album titled 365 Christmas. It is a 'card a day' challenge I set myself. It is enjoyable - and nice to work on Christmas cards without feeling deadline stress!

Christmas is an occasion I really enjoy and I have made the decision to mainly focus my crafting endeavors in that direction. It has definitely reduced my anxiety levels of 'must have all the things because I have to be able to meet everyone's desires'. Now every purchase is put through the 'can I use it for Christmas' filter first.

It doesn't mean I won't buy other stamps/paper etc - but they have to be for a specific project rather than just because they are pretty or I might 'need' them one day!

Anyway - now some pictures. These are some of my recent Facebook posts and use SU cardstock but a variety of papers, dies and stamps.

SU stamp, 'Gnome, Sweet Gnome' paper


All SU. The embossed snowflakes are shimmery courtesy of 'Frosted Lace'


Tim Holtz 'Festive Greenery'

SU 'Welcome Christmas' stamp, Paper Smooches die


C.C Design 'Mistletoe' die, Cuttlebug die. The 'joy' is sparkly in real life courtesy of a Wink of Stella


 Tim Holtz 'Assembled Snowman' die


PSX stamp (very old)


On a Personal Note -

My daughter is cooking up a storm today for her friends coming over for a games night. They play a mixture of board games and video games. My son also has a group of friends that he does this with too.

When they were old enough (school age) we used to have a tv-free board game night every week. We love all sorts of games but especially word games - Scrabble, Upwords, Bananagrams, In-betweens, Make Five to name some. Pictionary is also a fav and we have been known to indulge in charades!

Strategy games like Goblet and Cathedral are classics. I have discovered this great website called Mental Floss which has fantastic board games and other Geeky stuff. Another great website for geekery is Thinkgeek.

When we were out and about when they were younger we often passed the time playing Hangman. I always carried paper and pen! And on a long haul flight an Etch-a-sketch was a lifesaver.

My daughter passed on to me her old Nintendo DS and also gave me some great games like Mahjong, Word balloon (like Hangman), Crosswords and Anagrams. She also gave me Brain Training - it's good and I definitely need it!

Have a great weekend.

Happy Crafting!
Cheers
Susie.

No comments:

Post a Comment